Several species of modern-day birds inhabit Prehistoric Park.
- Blue and Yellow Macaws: At least two of these parrots are found as Nigel's pets. They can often be found hanging around his base.
- Great Blue Herons: Some of the great blue herons are found resting on trees.
- Egrets: Several white egrets can be found within the crocodile enclosure.
- African Sacred Ibises: Ibises are a common sight in the park's waterways, and are often seen feeding or swimming in the rivers.
- Weaver birds: These are commonly seen throughout the park and video of these birds are sometimes used to switch between scenes in the park.
- Seriema: Some of these birds have been found throughout the park and are the closest living relatives of Phorusrhacos and other terror birds.