Dinosaurs are diapsides that ruled the Earth during the Mesozoic era and partially in the Cenozoic Era. Dinosaurs were divided into two groups; the saurischians (lizard-hipped) and the ornithischians (bird-hipped). All of the non-avian dinosaurs became extinct at the end of the Cretaceous period.
Nigel Marven encountered many different dinosaurs on his rescue missions:
- Ornithomimus - a type of omnivorous theropod dinosaur.
- Tyrannosaurus rex - a large theropod dinosaur.
- Triceratops - a type of ceratopsian dinosaur.
- Caudipterid - a type of theropod dinosaur.
- Microraptor - a type of arboreal theropod.
- Titanosaur - a type of sauropodomorph dinosaur.
- Troodontid - a type of theropod dinosaur.
- Parasaurolophus - a type of ornithopod dinosaur.
- Gorgosaurus - a large theropod dinosaur.
- Troodon - a type of theropod dinosaur.
- Mesembriornis - a type of carnivorous theropod