|Time period :||Late Cretaceous period|
|In the series|
|Brought back :||None on screen, 2+|
|Appearances :||T-Rex Returns |
Portrayal in the seriesEdit
Nyctosaurus were social animals, living in flocks. They were ichthyophagous, meaning that it mainly ate fish. They would hunt by skimming their lower jaw in the water until they felt something. They would then clamp their jaws shut. However, whilst feeding, Nyctosaurus would be at risk of predators like Deinosuchus. (PP: Supercroc)
Nyctosaurus had a unique head crest. The L-shaped crest was used primarily for display, like the tail of a peacock.
In the seriesEdit
Nyctosaurus was briefly seen flying over Nigel Marven at a waterfall.
Nigel observed a flock of Nyctosaurus. Shortly afterwards, Nigel joined them in the air by using a microlight. Nigel watched as an individual caught a fish. He then watched in awe as the same Nyctosaurus was eaten by a Deinosuchus which plucked it out of the skies.
- 2 Nyctosaurus appeared in the park in the opening titles even though Nigel never brought one back to the park in the series implying that after his adventure, Nigel went back and rescued 2 Nyctosaurus.
- In real life, Nyctosaurus went extinct 19 million years before the K-T Extinction event.
- They also became extinct long before the event of Supercroc, about 84 million years ago.
- They are too skinny. They need airs sacks all over the body, giving it an bulky appearance.
- The Nyctosaurus need pycnofibres.
- The bottom point on the crest need to be equal length to the top one.
- The non-extended fingers on the wing should be too small to see.