The series's title card
Country of origin
The show follows naturalist Nigel Marven as he travels back to ancient time periods through use of a time portal device. His mission is to rescue prehistoric animals from the brink of extinction and give them a second chance in a unique wildlife preserve known as Prehistoric Park. Once they are settled into their new home, the creatures are cared for by head keeper Bob and vet Suzanne, among others. Through the course of the series, Nigel and the staff balance the task of bringing the animals back to the park to that of dealing with problems in the park.
Prehistoric Park features several characters, both recurring ones and ones who are seen less often.
- Nigel Marven (as himself) - the main character of the show, who brings back extinct animals to the park.
- Bob (Rod Arthur) - the ever-suffering head keeper, who is left to deal with the everyday chores around the park.
- Suzanne (Suzanne McNabb) - the park's head veterinarian, who treats sick animals and also oversees breeding of the animals.
- Saba Douglas-Hamilton (as herself) - a scientist specializing in big cats who accompanies Nigel on his mission to rescue Smilodon in Episode 4.
- Ben (Morgan Williams) - one of Nigel's crew that also goes back in time. He is attacked by a pack of troodontids in Episode 3, but survives without sustaining major injury.
- Bill - another of Nigel's crew. In Episode 5, a Giant scorpion crawled on him while he was asleep in a hammock.
- Jim - another of Nigel's crew. He appears most prominently in Episodes 5 and 6.
- Suzanne's blonde veterinary assistant appears in almost all of the series's episodes, but is never named. In fanfiction, she is often referred to as Sarah.
Main Creature goals Edit
- Episode 1: T. rex
- Episode 2: Woolly Mammoth
- Episode 3: Microraptor
- Episode 4: Saber Tooth Cat and Terror Bird
- Episode 5: Meganeura, Giant scorpion and Arthroplerua
- Episode 6: Deinosuchus
Other Creatures Shown in the SeriesEdit
From the PastEdit
- Prehistoric Bear
- Prehistoric Hyena
- Six-banded armadillo
From the PresentEdit
As Fossils and Exhibits Edit